The New St Boniface Parish Church
The foundation stone of the New Church - 'St Boniface Parish Church' -waslaidin June 1847 by the Reverend William Adams and building was completed 18 months later at a cost of £3,000.
It was designed in the Norman or Romanesque style by Benjamin Ferrey, intended no doubt to reproduce the Old Church on a larger scale. The South transept was added in 1873. The photograph opposite shows the church as it is today.
There is much beautiful stained glass, the east triplet and bulls-eye being by Willis and presented in part by the sun burns, a notable local family, while that in the-the north transept, showing the apostles was presented by the Rev. W. Sewell DD.
Sergeant Adams,father of William, presented the fine old chair by the altar which had been given to his son at Merton College, Oxford, and also the font (below) in memory of his son.